TRAIL RUNNING INDEMNITY
(Participants under 18 must ensure their guardian reads and accepts the indemnity on their behalf.)
I participant, acknowledge and understand that:
- ‘Trail Running’ is a pastime where participants traverse rough terrain using tracks, trails or pathways (the ‘Trails’) indicated for that purpose.
- The Trails may be infrequently used and may not be smooth or well defined. Furthermore, there may be obstructions of and obstacles on or over the Trails from time to time.
- Trail Running is intended to be competitive and, because of the rough terrain covered, the isolation of the Trails and rough nature of the Trails, is highly risky to participants.
- It is not the responsibility of ETR.Run as the Organiser to ensure that any person is in a suitable physical condition or has the necessary skills and / or suitable equipment to undertake the Trail Run and participation is solely at own risk.
- I accept that part of the appeal of Trail Running lies in the attendant risks, dangers and challenges and I hereby accept such in the spirit of the adventure which is Trail Running.
- As a Participant I accept any and all such risk as may arise from my participation in Trail Running and to this end I hereby indemnify the Organisers and Owners fully against any and all claims whatsoever arising through any danger or risk materialising including where such risk or danger materialises as a result of the Organisers’ or Owners’ negligence.
- Without limiting the generality of the indemnity given above I specifically record that I indemnify the Organisers and that ‘Organisers’ includes but is not limited to the ETR.Run, its members, trustees, agents, employees, servants, contractors or any other person providing a service to the organisers pursuant to the Trail Run and shall include sponsors and advertisers associated with the Trail Run.
- Without limiting the generality of the indemnity given above I specifically record that I indemnify the Owners and that ‘Owners’ includes but is not limited to the actual owners of properties over which the Trail Run takes place, their members, trustees, agents, employees, servants, contractors or any other person controlling or using such a property.
- Certain of the dangers and risks associated with Trail Running and which are accepted by me in terms of the indemnification given include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Trail Running requires physical exertion and physical fitness. I warrant that I consider myself to be in adequate physical condition to undertake the Trail Run.
- The Trail Run will cover largely inaccessible stretches and medical care and rescue is not guaranteed. In the circumstances I accept sole liability for the risks associated with any failure or delay in rendering proper medical care or assistance.
- The risk of accident, injury or physical harm (including long term effects of participation).
- I acknowledge that the Organisers make no warranty as to the condition or suitability of the Trail and that I participate solely at my own risk.
- The Trail will cross an Owner(s) property(ies) and other persons not associated with the Trail Run may be using part of the Trail and there might be dangers posed by livestock, vehicles and other users of the Trail (whether fellow participants or not).
- Dangers posed by wildlife, allergens and toxic organisms in addition to the inherent risks of running over rough Trails.
- I undertake to be solely liable for the costs of medical care, rescue or any other assistance which I may require whether through my own negligence or that of the Organisers or Owners to their exclusion.
- I indemnify the Organisers and Owners fully against any loss or damage which I might suffer in respect of my property (motor vehicles, contents and personal belongings) arising through negligence or criminality at any time relating to my participation in the Trail Run.
- If I am an adult accompanying a minor or other person in my care then I shall, to the exclusion of the Organisers or Owners, be solely liable for pain and suffering, medical care, rescue or other assistance or damage incurred by such minor or other person through such minor or any other person’s participation. I hereby indemnify the Organiser and Owners fully against any claim whatsoever arising through such minor or other person’s participation.
- Neither I nor any person in my care were encouraged to participate in the Trail Run by virtue of any warranty, promise or undertaking given by the Organisers or any other person and the choice to do so is solely mine.
- The indemnities given and the acceptances of risk extend to the risk of fatality and its consequences.
- I as the guardian accepting on behalf of the participant that is under 18 years of age, declare that I am legally able to accept on behalf of the participant. Furthermore, I accept and agree to the terms and conditions set out above in my own capacity as well as on behalf of the minor.
Who we are? Our website address is: https://etr.run.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it?
Contact forms, Ratings and Comments
When visitors leave comments or ratings on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment or rating on our site or create and account when purchasing an event or product, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
There will be no refunds for the Alexandria run as the time span for entries is limited.
We will publish the standard Refund Policy for our other events at a later stage.